Monday 31 October 2016

WW2 additions

To take a break from painting of Hundred Years War miniatures, I painted up some WW2 models to add to the growing collection I seem to now have. Generally I adhere to the rule, only work on one project at a time. However, I do allow myself to add to my existing collections to create some variety when painting. This way I try and avoid the situation of multiple unfinished armies.

Puma Armoured Car and other recently painted units
I have been on the lookout for a Puma armoured car for a while now and found a second hand one from Hinds Figures Limited. I generally pick the poor or average quality models as they seem reasonable priced and I always give them a lick of paint to fit in with my existing at armies. While looking for the Puma I picked up a few more models of interest to me which I have not seen in my local model shops.

Additional models picked up and painted

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful additions, they look superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. While they were quickly painted I am pleased with the way the turned out. I do enjoy painting vehicles. Regards, Peter

      Delete
  2. THe Puma is a strange but wonderful vehicle (I think they only ever built 100). as a teenager I had the Matchbox kit that came with a diorama (street Scene), which all felt rather posh to my limited experience of modelling, so I threw a bit of effort into it and it has remained a favourite vehicle ever since. I recently bought the 1/56 Warlord kit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I started wargaming with WW2 again, I wanted a Puma armoured car as I remember the pictures of them in use from the chapter Armoured Action in Charles Grant book Battle. I image the Warlord kit must look pretty splendid in 1/56 scale.

      Delete
  3. Peter,
    Very nice WW2 German and British vehicles...one of my Uncles operated an Army 'Duck' during WW2...last time I saw one was in London on the Tems- strange amphibious vehicles. Cheers.KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KEV. It is an interesting vehicle and very long compared to the other model vehicles, overhanging the base front and back. I now have two amphibious vehicles painted and now plan to make some landing craft in the future for a D-Day game of sorts. Regards, Peter

      Delete