Sunday 20 August 2017

A Fistful of Lead Reloaded with a W40K setting

The release of Armageddon the Shadow War by Games Workshop got me thinking about doing some skirmish level wargaming with my 40K models. I knew I had no desire for an overly detailed set of rules and so started to look out for some alternatives.

So when a few weeks back when Wargame Vault had a sale I took the opportunity and purchased the wild west ruleset A Fistful of Lead Reloaded for less than $10. They sounded like a fun set of rules and from some of the reviews I have had read, and a couple of game reports had them adapted and used them in a sci-fi setting.

Playing on a 4 foot by 3 foot area.

To begin with I stuck with most of the rules, the only major amendments were with the to wound table, where I subtract 1 or 2 from the dice roll depending upon a figure's armour. For example, -1 for space marine armour and -2 for terminator armour. Then adding to the to wound dice roll if the weapon is a power weapon such as a plasma rifle.

Add caption
In the four games played I have found the rules are quick to play and enjoyable. I now need to come up with a mini campaign for a few games during the week.

Rebel troops prepare to engage terminators

2 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed playing some old west game using these rules. I've not tried to port them over to different settings, but it sounds like you have some good ideas for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the card based activation with this game. I am still not sure if I have got the armour rules sorted out correctly yet. I tried changing the to hit rolls first then the to wound rolls.

      Delete