Monday 9 October 2017

WW2 Burma project preparation begins

Over the last couple of months I have been slowly painting up a collection of plastic Spencer Smith Napoleonic units.  I am about half way through them and its time for a short break and a change.

A while back I purchased some Airfix WW2 Japanese troops and have since then picked up a few vehicles and tanks and Allied forces for a game using the Crossfire rules. The last couple of models I ordered arrived this weekend past. So it was timely to finish off a couple of Napoleonic units I was working on and start preparing the Burma forces.

A British Armoured Car was also purchased for my Northern Europe games - I could not resist
I plan for the Crossfire forces to be small, about a company of men with support of a tank, AT gun and a couple of heavy weapons.

A Japanese Company and Napoleonic unit being finished off in the background.
Part of the weekend was spent cutting out the stands, cleaning up the WW2 Japanese models and preparing them for painting. I also visited the library to get some reading material on Burma. I started collecting this project on a whim having spotted the Airfix models, and have limited knowledge of the campaign history.

Currently reading "We Gave Or Today - Burma 1941-1945" by William Fowler



4 comments:

  1. I'm thinking about this theatre with the Portable Wargame rules. I'll be eager to see how it progresses for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Portable Wargame rules could be just the thing for game representing more than a company. I am intrigued to see how Crossfire works as a solo gamer. I bought the rules a while back and have never played them.

      Delete
  2. I did develop some forces for the Pacific too - KNIL, US Marines and Australians. I was going to use them for Command Decision but Portable Wargames might be used in unison for smaller games

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the eBook, enjoyed reading Portable Wargame, but I am yet to try the rules themselves. Good luck with your games.

      Delete