Wednesday 17 January 2018

Another roll of the dice

In the post today some dice I had ordered from Dice Shop arrived. I purchased some green dice to be used for tracking a unit's hits and also some D3 (1,1,2,2,3,3) after a suggestion from Norm of Battlefield and Warriors. I use D3 rolls occasionally in my house rules.

In addition I am now contemplating using these D3 with some One-Hour Wargaming rules where instead of  D6-2, D6 and D6+2, I will use D3-2, D3 and D3+1. While reducing the number of hits to eliminate a unit.

Recent purchase
On the modelling and painting side I have been able to complete a few more Necromuda gang figures for a skirmish game. Painting progress has been slow since completing my Napoleonic project just before Christmas.

Additions to a Necromunda gang
Part of the reason for my slow painting progress is because I have been playing a few games, including testing out a few house rules (WW2 and Sci-Fi Skirmish). Now for a couple of photos from the WW2 games in black and white for a bit of fun.

An advancing German Armoured Car comes under fire
A couple of Tiger tanks well positioned on hill

4 comments:

  1. The black and white photos are very "Grantesque" - nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I still enjoy flicking through those black and white photos in the Grant's book Battle Practical Wargaming.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. B&W pictures certainly give a different feel.

      Delete