Rules

Friday, 11 September 2026

A little bit a painting

The past few weeks of posts have been mostly about gaming, but I have not neglected the painting side of the hobby. I have been adding a few more models to my Star Wars collection and also making steady progress on the Anglo-Zulu War project.

My Star Wars collection generally only grows these days when I spot something in a sale and can pick it up at a reduced price, or when there is a particular character I want to add to the collection.

A rebel squad.

The Mandalorian (Din Djarin), Grogu, and Boba Fett. The Grugu figure was converted so he sits in a hovering saucer, the figure just looked too small on the base without the saucer.

A WLO-5 Speeder Tank as used by pirates.

Cassian Andor, Jyn Erso, and their friendly K-250 robot.

Moff Gideon. A useful villain figure.

The Anglo-Zulu War project began at the end of March this year and is now into its seventh month. There are still a few more British units, wagons and pieces of terrain to complete. I reckon I am now about 75 percent of the way through the project and hopefully in the next two to three months will get the figures onto the tabletop for a game.

2 British infantry units added, along with a mounted rifle unit and some lancers.

I had great fun with the lancer unit, which were converted from some spare mounted infantry.


10 comments:

  1. The Zulu War collection is coming on nicely, can't wait to see how you structure your games and rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am probably going to use Blackpowder rules as I have their very useful Zulu supplement.

      Delete
  2. Some great figures. Love the Mandalorian and gang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I really enjoyed painting those figures.

      Delete
  3. Great paint jobs an all of them, but I'm particularly fan of the Mandalorian 'spinn off'. Great movie too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mandalorian was a figure I decided to buy at full price while available.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you. It was a nice contrast painting the larger units of 20mm and the more individualistic Star Wars figures.

      Delete
  5. You are keeping your paint brushes busy! All are terrific additions to your collections. I would like to push a few Star Wars figures into my painting queue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been good to get some figures off the painting table. Do you have many Star Wars figures to paint?

      Delete