As much as a like the rules I could not help myself and made a few additions and changes here and there. Most of these are for limiting artillery and boosting the abilities of infantry. Not that surprising really when using a ruleset called tank on tank. The rule amendments which have not been discarded include...
1) One hex in the game was either a 6 inch move or a 6 inch grid square, depending if I was using free movement or a square grid.
2) Rather than use two D6 dice I used one D12 dice instead. This changes the odds making them even. This has the effect of improving the odds of infantry surviving a hits with a defence of 7 on the open and 10 in cover. While increasing the vulnerability of tanks with defence ranging from 9 to 11 depending upon tank type.
|D12 using the dice calculator anywise.com|
4) Mortar units can only attack personnel units and must be within 12" of the spotting unit.
5) Infantry can use 1 action point and improve their position when in the open.
6) Artillery and mortar units can provide smoke cover for a single personnel unit for 1 action point. The smoke lasts for the duration of the opposing players turn and if attacked the unit is treated as if in cover.