Thursday 16 March 2017

Steady progress on 19th Century Imagi-Nations

Painting is progressing steadily on my 19th Century imagi-nations armies with a couple of artillery units completed during the week.

Being image-nation units I am can pick a colour scheme which helps with the ease of painting, along with a simple paint approach (which also seems to look best on them).

Next up for painting will be a couple of cavalry units.

Two artillery units
A couple of cavalry used to represent the limbers
Very simple painting looks best on these Spencer-Smith figures
Some added green-stuff added to the hats for feathers
My current reading (re-reading) is "War Games through the Ages - Vol.4 1861-1945". I purchased the book along time ago through an ad in one of the wargaming magazines in the late 1970's. Lo and behold the sale was from the author himself who had kindly signed it with the message "good wargaming". A treasured item in my library of wargaming books.



8 comments:

  1. Steady progress is what it takes. I have not read that Featherstone book. I do have Volume 1 in the series and it is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goal is to average completing two units per week. I find the book is a very useful starting point for thinking about a period I want to game in.

      Delete
  2. Nice touch with Don's message inscribed. He would be pleased to know that the book is in the hands of a creative and sharing gamer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly. The more I re-read chapters of this and other books by the Don, the more I seem to enjoy them.

      Delete
  3. Great to see the Spencer Smiths on the table. I must get mine out again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I don't know if it is nostalgia or my tastes have changed with age, but once this project is completed, I am very tempted to purchase some new SYW Spencer-Smith miniatures.

      Delete
  4. Great progress Peter- the Imaginations Theme is something to get your teeth into - have fun. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, looking forward to the project and getting enough units to play a game is my first target.

      Delete