Monday 17 August 2015

Still messing around with rules

Last week I continued to tinker with my grid-based sic-fi rule set. However, in between playing games to test rule changes I did get a chance to add to my Chaos army with a Defiler (here's a picture).


In my rule tinkering I started looking at weapon strengths which in turn led to changing how hits are determined. Hits were determined based upon experience and whether a unit has any terrain advantages. I'm now trying out not differentiating hits with experience, and letting the more experienced unit take its action first unless overruled by a terrain advantage. This has led to an increase the levels of experience to make this work. You make one change and it leads to less to other adjustments.

Over this week I'll write up my changes (if they work out).

No comments:

Post a Comment