Sunday 17 June 2018

More plastic Spencer Smith figures

Late this week a parcel arrived full of Spencer Smith plastic figures. The opportunity to purchase these figures came last month from a fellow Blogger who was helping a family sort out and deal with  a wargaming collection of figures and books.

The majority of figures are from Spencer Smith's 18th Century figure range, but do include few Napoleonic cavalry which will provide useful additions to my Napoleonic armies. The infantry are a mix of traditional looking Spencer Smith figures and their Connoisseur Figure range.

Here are photos of some of the collection...

71 Grenadiers (some will be destined to be Austrian Grenadiers in my Napoleonic armies)
A few of the cavalry which came in various poses. In all there are 77 cavalry.
133 infantry both shooting and at the ready
12 Napoleonic cavalry including these hard plastic figures of unknown origin.
61 command and officer figures
This collection, particularly the cavalry, allows the expansion of my Seven Years War French Indian War collection to include European battles (eg the Battle of Minden). In addition some figures will be used to add the odd unit of cavalry and infantry to my Napoleonic forces.

For the moment though I am carefully sorting and storing these figures. I have to first complete painting my English Civil War figures.


8 comments:

  1. Peter- This certainly looks a very welcome addition to your painting table...by the sounds of it you will get a lot of troops out of the assortments- being able now to extend your Collections. Well done! Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to painting these SYW figures as soon as I complete my ECW.

      Delete
  2. Nice addition. The hard plastic cavalry appear to be from Segom, a French company that used an acetate plastic. Thet did 54mm kits (which is how I found them) and a small range of rather static Napoleonics. I still have a few of the latter, not yet painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the information. These additional figures will prove useful.

      Delete
  3. Hi Peter,

    I am pleased you like the collection - there may be some more from the same source so I will let you know in due course.

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks and I would be interested if a few more were available.

      Delete
  4. Hi, not sure if you still have some of these Segom plastic cav. But I am interested in some of the poses, and have many others to offer to exchange with closed pockets. Let me know, Marco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marco, I only ever had six of those Segom plastic cavalry. Interesting figures. Peter

      Delete