Tuesday 10 January 2023

The lost samurai

I have had this samurai cavalry figure for many, many, years when I was at school and trying to collect a samurai army. I have little real recollection other than it given to me and has been with me for a long time and always as in the bottom of the storage box. It has never had a horse to go with it and I am not sure of the manufacturer. 

The lost samurai cuts a lonely figure

Finally, after more than 40 years it was retrieved from its storage box. A spare horse was found, a few modifications made, before being painted, and based with a retainer.

The model was given a spear, banner, sword, and horse with tassels added using Green Stuff.

Block painting was used for the figures, this was to be consistent with by other samurai miniatures.

Simply painted and based

In action on the tabletop after all these years

While I have sufficient figures painted and based for One Hour Wargames style games. I still have some unpainted Minifig S range and later Minifig Samurai figures to complete, along with a handful of Dixon figures. This will allow me hopefully to field 8 units per side, or increase the size of the existing units.

18 comments:

  1. The Lost Samurai...Found! Nice work to bring him back into the fold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always nice to be able to make use of an orphaned figure!
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to finally be able to use a figure after so many years:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a sense of joy to getting it onto the tabletop.

      Delete
  4. The Lost Samurai. I see what you did there.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I had a miniature given to me over 40 years ago I would of had it in kindergarten. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised to find the figure after all this time.

      Delete
  6. Nice to see him finally achiebe his potential after all this time - I hope he fights well for you after that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How satisfying to finally have the figure painted, based and ready for action.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally he gets to prove himself on the field of battle. A great day for the little fellow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good to get him into the action. Not a win, but an honourable loss was achieved.

      Delete
  9. The Last lost samurai...?

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly lost and almost the last, but there are a few additional one to add to my current armies.

      Delete