Saturday 4 June 2022

WW1 Palestine Campaign more figures and mountain guns

I am continuing to complete and paint units for my World War I Palestine campaign project. This week these include some dismounted bases for various cavalry and camel mounted infantry units and a mountain gun unit.

Turkish mounted infantry unit

Dismounted unit

I am planning to paint three mountain guns for each of my forces: Commonwealth, Arab Rebellion, and Turks. I am using the mountain gun from a Stretlets French Foreign Legion Artillery set for these artillery units. First off the painting table was a base representing the Hong Kong and Singapore Mountain Battery which fought in Egypt, Sinai and Palestine. The unit's gunners were from India and I have repurposed some of my WW1 Indian infantry. The mountain gun unit will be attached to some mounted infantry units to provide much needed artillery support.

A Mountain Gun unit

Another view which includes ammunition supplies being delivered

WW1 Indian Infantry figures are repurposed as the crew

A picture of the Hong Kong-Singapore Mountain Battery which got me thinking about adding some mountain guns.

A photograph of the Hong Kong-Singapore Mountain Battery

The next mountain gun unit to be completed will be for the Arab Rebellion forces. This unit will be manned by French gunners representing part of the French military mission that supported the Arab Revolt. The unit was commanded by Rosario Pisani, a French Captain of Northern African descent, who was a very successful raider during the Arab Revolt.

I was able to buy the French Foreign Legion Artillery set locally. Always a good thing being able to support local model shops and I don't have to wait weeks for the post to arrive. Conveniently the kit come with three guns and crew which suited me perfectly. I added a gun shield to Hong Kong and Singapore Mountain Battery unit.

The figures and gun

Strelets box

The WW1 Palestine campaign forces are now back on the tabletop as I play around with some rule changes.

6 comments:

  1. A nice addition to the forces. I'd prefer to buy models locally, but there's a dearth of good model shops around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fortunate to have a couple of options.

      Delete
  2. Peter, I am continually impressed by the speed with which you bring a project together. Excellent additions to the collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon, I hope to wrap up the painting in the next month or so as I am thinking about the next project.

      Delete