Wednesday 25 July 2018

A couple of books on the English Civil War

Painting of my English Civil War units has stalled this week. All due to me straining my back doing some gardening at the weekend. Sitting for any length of time at the painting table is proving problematic. However, a couple of second hand books on the English Civil War arrived sooner than expected to add some cheer to the week.


I have only had a chance to browse through the Battlefield Atlas. It has some very nice maps of the movement of forces prior to battle along with detailed maps of the battles themselves. These will provide inspiration for some mini campaigns and wargames, once I get back to the painting table to complete a few more units for a One Hour Wargame style game.

4 comments:

  1. Both useful books in my library too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have picked up a few useful secondhand books recently. It is getting a bit addictive checking on the secondhand book websites as you often see books you might like, but do not need.

      Delete
  2. The Atlas is a goody. The Peter Young book is a trifle dated (Osprey 14!!!!), - the newer ones, - Infantry/Cavalry/Artillery - are better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, I will keep an eye out for the newer Osprey's.

      Delete