Sunday 15 July 2018

A few Sci-Fi games

In between playing French Indian War campaign games. I thought this week I would get some of my Warhammer 40K figures onto the tabletop. The reason for this choice was I had a few rule ideas for a One-Hour Wargame style Sci-Fi game. These were thought up while walking on my lunch breaks. I am yet to find or write a simple set of Sci-Fi rules that work fully to my satisfaction. This proving both enjoyable, as I get to test out different rule mechanisms. Yet at the same time frustrating, as the new rules often don't work out they way I expected.

In this game a group of Space Marines prepare to defend against the advancing Tyranid horde.
Another game where each side tries to take and hold objectives.
Anyway, it is so far so good with these rules, and it is now time for me to take all my notes and write them up. All being well I should be able to write the rules in a sufficiently concise way, so that I can create a little booklet of the rules. Just like I did with my WW2 house rules.


 Soon it will be time to clear the tabletop for the next instalment of the French Indian War campaign.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. I am reasonably confident I will be able to keep the rules to one page so they fit for a booklet.

      Delete