Sunday 20 March 2022

Unboxing some Sci-Fi terrain while on a short break

Browsing the local games shop I came across Tenfold Dungeon's compact tabletop terrain. They mainly produce fantasy style dungeons, but also produce one set with a Sci-Fi theme. The terrain is essentially a series of cardboard boxes of different sizes from which you construct a series of rooms and connecting corridors. I was going away on a short break and thought it would work well as portable scenery for my Necromunda under-hive collection.

A recent purchase

The boxes are revealed once the outer cardboard sleeve is removed.

One of the advantages of the boxes is the ability to store within my various figures and some extra terrain.

Inside the larger boxes there more boxes to be revealed.

All the boxes and their contents laid out.

I cut some foam to fit inside some of the boxes to help protect the models.

Along with the various sized boxes there are printed doors which fit into plastic clips. These are then used to hold the boxes (rooms) together. A very clever design. There were barricades as well which slot together. I opted not to use these as I was able to fit all my Necromunda scatter terrain into the boxes.

The doors are part of the clips used to hold the boxes (rooms) together.

The barricades on the right compared to my existing Necromunda terrain and figures.

A few dividing walls are included which are attached with clips.

A facility I have created for a game.

A closer view

Figures are setup in their starting positions for a quick skirmish game.

The opposition arrives.

And the game begins - "who is going to open the door?"

I use One-Hour Skirmish Wargames as my goto rules with a few modifications to suit the Necromunda under-hive setting.

Rules used

I suspect I will be using this terrain at home as well as when away.

7 comments:

  1. Neat idea - be nice if someone did a Japanese castle / manor for samurai skirmish gaming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Japanese castle certainly would be pretty cool.

      Delete
    2. Yes, a Japanese castle would be very cool.

      Delete
  2. That is a very clever and useful piece of terrain there:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I purchased it. I did not at first and ended up going back to the shop after some more thought.

      Delete