Saturday 26 March 2022

Some additional movement trays

Back in January I made some movement trays for my 1066 paper soldier armies as the paper units (or the way I have based them) can be quite fiddly to move. This weekend I made a few more trays, smaller trays, for my War or the Spanish Succession cavalry and dragoons units.

A WSS game away underway with movement trays.

The larger movement tray are 8x3 inches and the smaller trays for cavalry are 5x3 inches. They are painted green with a little bit of scatter added. The scatter gives a rough surface so unit bases don't shift about when I move the tray.

The smaller trays are used for cavalry and dragoon unit which have 6 bases. Infantry have 9 bases per unit and fit on the larger trays.

The smaller trays are also suitable for artillery units.

Units also fit on the trays when in column.

Not much painting was done this past week as I have been on a short break. Having time away did allow me to read "The Last Crusade" by Anthony Bruce covering the WW1 Palestine campaign. This had lots of useful background and information on the battles for my current project.

2 comments:

  1. I find moving the WoFun bases fiddly too. Movement trays are a good solution.

    ReplyDelete