Over the last week I have been playing a couple of WW2 games which called for the use of smoke. Normally I just put down clumps or a handful of toy stuffing. This approach works well for the most part, but can get fiddly when putting down a set length.
|Smoke being laid down.|
Anyway, I decided to see if the smoke (stuffing) could be strung together into a set length using a needle and thread. Here is a quick one and a half minute video on the creation.
|Smoke being used to cover the Allied advance.|
Thanks, quick to do and quick to deploy and remove.Delete
Reaslitic and splendid smoke, thumbs up!ReplyDelete
Impressive. What is the cloth you're using on the table?ReplyDelete
The cloth is made from a drop sheet from the hardware store and dyed with paint washes. Thanks.Delete
Great idea and the stuffing looks much better than either cotton wool or the thinner polyester stuff.ReplyDelete
I was quite pleased on the way it turned out.Delete
Very effective. I use cotton wool balls purely because they are so easy to store!ReplyDelete
Thank you. Ease of use always plays a part too.Delete
Very nicely done Peter. It looks greatReplyDelete
Thanks Ben, and surprisingly easy to make.Delete
A cracking little tutorial for a delightfully simple idea I often have trouble arranging smokescreens from clumps - I shall have to try these - thanks!ReplyDelete
It is certainly quick and easy to pull together.Delete