Friday 22 December 2023

Immobilised tank markers (update)

While writing and testing some simple WW2 rules inspired by Featherstone, Grant, and other sources over the past few weeks (see recent posts). I have decided to include immobilised tanks in the rules. To indicate a tank is in an immobilised state, I opted for a visual marker using a thrown track as a suitable representation. 

The tank in the foreground is immobilised - marked by a thrown tank.

I found the easiest and fastest way to create a thrown track marker was using felt and add some drawn lines with a permanent marker. I might look at some other materials for this purpose in the future.

The plain cut felt on the left and marked up on the right with a permanent marker.

UPDATE

I have tried some brown corduroy material which seems to work better for the tracks.

Brown corduroy material seems to work better.

I will probably dry brush some sand colour paint onto the corduroy.


14 comments:

  1. What a mind you have for coming up with solutions Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever - I like that a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and very effective. Yet another idea I will have to borrow from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have some very clever ideas for this type of thing Peter - this one is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant solution Peter! Simple but very effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. And easy to do, although finding some corduroy may not be straight forward.

      Delete
  6. I agree the corduroy works better, especially the 'kinked' element.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, corduroy definitely the way to go. Merry Christmas.

      Delete