Wednesday 30 March 2016

A productive Easter weekend full of Airfix kits

This Easter weekend was very quiet and I was not feeling too well. So I was able to sit down and get through paining and basing most of my recent purchases (which always makes me feel better).

Focke-Wulf Fw 190 (Airfix)
Spitfire (Airfix)
A Paratroop Battalion (Airfix British Paratroopers and a couple of Commandos thrown in for good measure)
Now having painted up my aircraft I really need to start thinking of some rules for them, which will no doubt require the purchase of some AA equipment. A fully justified purchase - bonus!
German armour car representing an armoured reconnaissance unit, Opel truck representing motorised infantry, and a PAK 40 converted to a Nebelwerfer by adding tubes and shortening the carnage legs, which will be treated as a mortar unit.
In addition painting I played a few small WW2 games and along the way made some rule changes to the combat mechanism. These made the game feel better for me, they include:

  • Having dice rolls for the effect of a hit.
  • Allowing only one disruption before unit elimination, where before it was two disruptions. However, units are able to remove disruptions by reorganising by finding cover or retiring.

I am now updating the rules from my notes and scribbles, and taking a few photos to include as examples of the new rules. I plan to post them by the end of the week.

2 comments:

  1. Peter, Congratulations your game is looking very good. Very inspiring!

    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jay,
      Thank you for your kind comment. Other than the AA units, another paratroop battalion and an extra unit here and there, I think the armies are about finished. I now need to get a few more games in and write up a battle report.
      Regards, Peter

      Delete