Sunday 6 March 2016

WW2 Grid-Based House Rules

This is a very brief post as I have been without internet for most of the weekend due to a failed modem. I have last managed to complete writing up the WW2 house rules and include a number of pictures to show rule examples. I'd describe the rules as a bit of a cocktail of One-Hour Wargames with a dash of Panzerblitz.

Here is a link if you are interested. WW2 Grid-Based Rules or go the top right hand corner of this blog.

All the pictures are from my own recently completed collection and are mostly ArmourFast and Airfix models.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, I am following this interesting project and like the layout of your rules.

    I am having similar broadband problems (only mine has been going on for almost 3 months!), so I am using WiFi cafe for my connection, so I have saved your file to iBooks and will read later when I get home - Cheers Norm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm. I am now considering revisiting my WW1 house rules and making them grid-based. Regards, Peter

      Delete
  2. Hi Peter,
    Rules look nice and easy. I like easy. Attractive pics help too.
    When you set up a scenario, do you include a break point beyond which a side has to retire? How do you gauge victory in your games?
    Thanks for sharing your rules.
    Regards,
    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John,
      Thank you for your kind comments. The question of a break point is one I like to build into the scenario if there are no clear "take objective X" or "by turn Y" the force with most losses, etc. One way I do this is for every 20 percent of units eliminated the unit resolve rolls increase. For example, where a force has lost 2 of their 10 units, units will lose their resolve on a 1-3 (rather than 1-2 as in the rules). Lose 40 percent and its 1-4 which sounds bad, but you only test if the enemy is in an adjacent zone, and if in cover you roll one less D6. So, no set number, rather an increased tendency to retire upon contact with the enemy. Your question has prompted me to add this into the optional rules when I do an update.
      Cheers, Peter

      Delete