Monday 17 September 2018

WW2 armoured recovery vehicle conversion

Now that painting of English Civil War units is complete, I have a few WW2 units to build and paint and add to my existing armies. These few items will keep me occupied while I decide upon my next painting project.

First up was to repurpose a spare Jagdpanther I have to a Bergepanther, an armoured recovery vehicle equiped with a 40 ton winch, spade and 1.5 ton derrick. This conversion aims to give the impression a Bergepanther for a wargaming table rather than be a detailed scale model.

Much of the model's front is removed and replaced with plastic card
Spade attached at the rear
Ready for painting

Finally, a quick shout-out to Jonathan of Palouse Wargaming Journal who is celebrating 6 years of blogging with a competition. Jonathan is an active commenter providing many bloggers with encouraging and supportive comments. Congratulations on six years!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blog plug, Peter. Are you planning to throw your hat into the ring for the prize drawing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have added a comment on your blog. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. That is a most handsome conversion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm. From memory I believe it was one of your comments a year or so ago that go me thinking about recovery vehicles. Anyway, I parked the thought until now, and also have a Sherman to convert too.

      Delete