Tuesday 13 October 2020

Ancient project progress update

A quick update on progress with the Ancients project. This past weekend I was able to paint three Carthaginian units, all HAT figures. I am trying to keep things as simple as possible with block painting and a glossy finish. Likewise the bases are simple, a sand colour with a brown wash and clumps of flock. When I finished I am expecting the Carthaginians and Romans will have 15 to 20 bases per army.

Three Carthaginian units painted and based

Medium Infantry

Elephants and Heavy Infantry

Finally, a couple of books arrived.



10 comments:

  1. Two good books Peter! The Ancients are looking great - I do like a gloss finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, with the simple painting approach I hope painting the units will not take too long.

      Delete
  2. I love the simplicity of painting that you've gone for and, to be honest once on the table, I wouldn't notice the absence of detailed highlighting etc. Both books are great, with the Tony Bath one very much of its time and full of detail, whilst Bob's naval book is the first set of rules to tempt into naval gaming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to sitting down and reading these books. Now-a-days I find I cannot see the detail once the figures are on the tabletop.

      Delete
  3. They look great Peter, I do like those elephants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice old school look to them. It’s given me a great nostalgic feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very old school, and is quick way to paint.

      Delete
  5. I think simple paint jobs work especially well with Ancient armies, and that certainly seems to be the case with these new additions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has worked out well and they are quick to paint, making the painting process enjoyable.

      Delete