Friday 12 November 2021

Looking ahead towards the next painting project

I recently purchased the board game Zombicide. I have been thinking about getting the game for a while and was able to get a copy in my local games shop when I was in there to restock my paints, which were running low after the last lockdown here in Melbourne. I alway like it when I can support the local games shops, they are always a joy to browse in and look at other products close up.

As for the Zombicide game itself, it has been around for a good few years now and is a collaborative game where survivors fight off ever increasing numbers of zombies which move to set game rules. The game comes with about 70 miniatures representing a few survivors and lots of zombies. My plan is to take a break from painting my Samurai armies shortly and paint up the miniatures in readiness for playing the game over the Christmas holiday break. 

The boxed game

I am as yet undecided how to paint these miniatures. I am quite tempted to try some of the Games Workshop contrast paints not having used them before, and the miniatures are sufficiently detailed for the washes to work.

Survivors and lead Zombie

Zombies

8 comments:

  1. This is an unexpected turn of projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A slight diversion for me as the Samurai armies are coming along well and I have enough to play a small OHW style game.

      Delete
  2. Cooperative games can be great fun. GW Contrast paints for the 'survivors'(?) would make a great contrast to zombies painted with washes - the latter usually look washed out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be trying to give the zombies a grey washed out look and the survivors more colour. I am looking forward to playing the game.

      Delete
  3. Good game to play with none wargamers and plenty of add on expansions for variety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect I would have thought for some Xmas entertainment. Looking forward to seeing how you approach painting these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be a definite Christmas game and I will have to get a move on with the painting.

      Delete