Progress continues on the WW1 Palestine Campaign project. I have been able to keep focused and not get distracted. Units have been added to my growing Arab Rebellion force and yesterday I finished a simple scratch built Rolls-Royce armoured car.
|The recent arrival of a Rolls-Royce Armoured Car|
|I used paint to highlight details rather than any modelling skills.|
|Cardboard was eventually used for the wheels after some trial and error.|
The armoured car is made from bits of wood beading, dowel, cardboard, and green-stuff. It took a while to make as originally I used round dowel for the wheels, but this made the whole thing far too wide. Instead I reverted to using cardboard for the wheels.
When I finished the modelling I was a bit dubious on how the simple shape was going to turn out. I used paint to show various details rather than modelling them. Painting fortunately hides and disguises many faults.
|The armoured car before the painting took place|
The Arab Rebellion forces are gradually increasing. Some cavalry arrived recently and will soon be added.
|Arab Rebellion force. Cavalry will soon be added.|
I am sure the armoured car will be seen supporting any Arab attacks on the Turkish forces.