Saturday 22 October 2022

A few Sci-Fi skirmish games with visitors

The medieval armies got a bit of a rest this weekend as some Sci-Fi skirmish games found their way to the tabletop. Our Daughter is visiting from New Zealand and she is quite happy to play a game or two of One-Hour Skirmish Wargames. The rules use cards to determine figure actions and combat outcomes and are very entertaining to play. Our previous games have used a Necromunda style setting in the wastelands surrounding the hives. However, it was different this time as we ventured into the under-hive. This setting provided the opportunity for me to use a boxed terrain set I have.

We both selected 7 miniatures. I picked some local law enforcement figures who were trying to quell the gang activity in the under-hive while my Daughter selected a group of gang figures.

The local law enforcers

The gang or undesirables

A couple of games were played using different terrain configurations. We both won a game so honours were even.

The first setup

The second game setup

I have posted about this terrain by Tenfold Dungeon earlier this year. It has proven to be very useful on a couple of occasions, and can be setup and packed away very quickly. As you open one box there are more boxes inside, all or which can be come rooms, and finally you come to the doors and barricades. Although I tend to use my Games Workshop scatter terrain.

The Facility by Tenfold Dungeon

Opening the boxes reveals more boxes for rooms and corridors.

There is a lot packed into one of these boxes

Some of the other rooms

The 28mm figures fit quite nicely into the terrain.

A game underway

We came up with some house rules for shooting through doors and moving, to avoid having to measure movement distances in confined spaces.

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic game. I must look into the Tenfold stuff - really useful.
    Any time I play either of my daughters, I always lose :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The terrain works out well. I too often lose against my children and at best draw.

      Delete
  2. Hi Peter- The Battle 'Rooms & Corridors' reminds me of the old Games Workshop boxed set 'SPACEHULK' which I did play whilst visiting a friend in Canberra - that was back in 1990...those 'Genestealers' are hard to combat with the 'Marine Terminators' - it was a great game and easy to learn. All the best. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There certainly is a similarity to the look of those corridors.

      Delete
  3. The box terrain is pretty neat, in several sense of the word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you. The boxed terrain make the setup very easy.

      Delete