Friday 10 February 2023

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

This past week I have been flitting between periods on the tabletop and painting table. On the tabletop, earlier in the week, I had my older Warhammer 40K Ultra Marine and Tyranid armies out using some simple rules with an activation approach. 

Messing around with W40K armies.

These sci-fi game was later replaced with a WW2 game using Tank on Tank board game rules using free movement instead of hexes.

WW2 Game

On the painting table are orcs riders and samurai. I was short one orc rider and found enough spare bits to create another rider with the addition of some green stuff to create the missing boar leg and some ears.

Enough pieces were found and with a little green stuff the missing front foot and ears were made.

The finished model with 3 previously painted orc riders

I purchased a few more MiniFig S Range Samurai from Caliver Books which arrived this week. The S Range are an old range and the horse models are unavailable due to missing moulds. As an alternative I have used the horse from a set of 1/72 plastic samurai cavalry. It is possibly a fraction smaller but is not noticeable. My aim is to add a few additional units to my current armies.

Recently completed samurai cavalry. Very simple block painting and gloss finish.

1/72 plastic horses are used

A combination of samurai cavalry, arquebuses, and spearmen to be added to the samurai armies.

Arquebuses and cavalry unit

6 comments:

  1. Great pics Peter - the WW2 game immediately made me think "Featherstone"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to get a simple WW2 game on to the tabletop.

      Delete
  2. Fun stuff all around. If I ever started buying 40k again the Tyranids would be where I would start. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always had a soft spot for the Tyranids as they were the first army I collected.

      Delete
  3. A lovely mix of games and prjects there Peter:).

    ReplyDelete