A roll of 3 on a D3 dice decided the next battle would occur in August (May plus 3 months). Next terrain cards were draws to provide a guide to the layout of the tabletop.
|Terrain cards - each one represents a 2x2 foot area and the positioning of the terrain feature on the card is reflected on the tabletop.|
|Chance card drawn.|
- Infantry = 2 + (2) = 4
- Cavalry = 2 + (3) = 5
- Dragoons/Commanded Shot = (3)*
- Artillery/Special unit = (1) - 1 = 0
- Infantry = 2 + (3)* = 5
- Cavalry = 2 + (2) = 4
- Dragoons/Commanded Shot = (3)
- Artillery/Special unit = (3) - 1 = 2 so they will field 2 artillery units
- Plus chance card unit = 1 elite pike
On paper the Royalists enter the game with a larger force.
The tabletop will soon fill up with ECW units after I have finished messing around with a Napoleonic game I am in the middle of. Trying out a new command and control rule.
|Napoleonic Spencer Smith figures do battle|