Tuesday 19 February 2019

Jacobite Paper Soldiers

Over the last few days I have been cutting and snipping out the Paper Soldiers by Peter Dennis. Trying out different approaches to making them. As mentioned in a previous post the copies the figures I make were increased in size by approximately 50 percent so they stand about 40mm talk. This makes the cutting out much easier.



I am planning to make up a force of 10 to 12 units. The book also has figures representing casualties which I hope to use to track unit hits.

6 comments:

  1. Great idea increasing the size, they look really smart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The larger size is better for my eye too. As I get to enjoy the art work more.

      Delete
  2. These look good. Did you see the Kickstarter for pre-painted, 2D plexiglass figures mentioned on TMP? Those look interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just had a look at the Kickstarter. Looks very interesting and they are already cut out.

      Delete
  3. I have always liked paper figures and these look quite nice. How long does it take to you to assemble a base?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say time wise (not including drying time) about 15 mins per cut out of 4 figures. That covers cutting out, painting the edges brown, basing, painting base, and flock. A unit of 9 bases will take me almost 2 and a half hours over a couple of days for drying time.

    ReplyDelete