Wednesday 28 August 2019

Next project and other stuff

Now I have completed my Saxon and Norman paper armies (although I do have some Viking paper solders still to add) I am starting on my next project to paint some Fantasy units to play Dragon Rampant. I really enjoyed Lion Rampant and bought the Dragon Rampant rules quite a while ago with an aim of playing some fantasy games in the future.

I already have a number of Warhammer Orc units painted and will use the Warhammer Age of Sigma starter box to provide some opposition and add to these with one or two extra purchases to build a small army (most likely from ebay).

the next project
Having played quite a few WW2 games as part of my current WW2 campaign. I was in need of an 18th Century fix, and what better excuse to get out my old Peter Laing AWI figures. No game reports just some photos...




Finally, some more second hand books arrived. I have Ancient and Medieval Wargaming as an eBook and just wanted to get a hardcopy. The Wargamers Guide to Dark Age Britain was reasonably priced and too tempting to pass by. The Saxons and Normans will quite possibly be on the tabletop in teh near future. Finally, Battle Notes for Wargamers was purchased mostly for nostalgia, but I am very tempted to create the Raid on St Nazaire once I complete the current WW2 campaign.

Recent second hand book purchases
The next two WW2 campaign actions have been fought and will be the next post or posts.

11 comments:

  1. Great new books Peter - I only have the Featherstone but the other two look interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ancient and Medieval War-gaming completes the Neil Thomas collection. I just enjoy reading the background and logic put forward my Mr Thomas for his rule design.

      Delete
  2. I have recently been tempted to pulling my 15mm AWI collection from storage and giving them a test.

    Good additions to your classics collection. While I have the bookends in this trio, I have not seen the middle one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would best describe The Wargamer's Guide to Dark Age Britain as being 75 percent history and background with quite a few battles described with supporting maps, and 25 percent wargaming material and rules. I must say it looks very interesting at first glance and runs to 288 pages for the paperback.

      Delete
  3. You certainly don't let the grass grow Peter! ECW, WWII, AWI, Medieval....all actively on the go. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try and keep my games smallish and simple so they can be completed in under an hour. That way I can setup and play a game in during an evening.

      Delete
    2. Hmmm! Food for thought there. I need to tackle my megalomania.

      Delete
  4. You have been busy gaming! In regards to the books, I also have the As Told in the Great Hall and have planned for the last four years or so to run through the scenarios in the book. But alas no. I did enjoy reading it. Almost all my rules and books are in storage at the moment, but not that one (I still hope to play them!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to reading Told in the Great Hall as I have not read much about the Dark Ages before 1066.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He 155 AWI troops, and great book finds!

    ReplyDelete