Friday 16 August 2019

Scratch-built Mitrailleuse

Last weekend and during this week I was able find time in-between my WW2 campaign to scratch-build a couple of Mitrailleuse units for my Imagi-Nations 19th Century armies. I don't have a specific project I am working on so it was a good opportunity to add these units. Something I always wanted to add.

The finished result using Spencer-Smith ACW miniatures
The Mitrailleuse is made from: balsa wood, card, plastic tubing, and some spare wheels which hadn't succumb to brittle plastic. The figures are Spencer-Smith plastic miniatures from a long time ago and had some green-stuff added to their kepis which looked a bit deformed. There is nothing fancy about these figures, which is why I like them, and they paint up very quickly and nicely with a glossy finish.

The scratch built Mitrailleuse and crews
The inspiration for the models

I now need to have a look at my rules and decide how to add rules for these Mitrailleuse units.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Peter,
    Well done there on the Scratch Built Mitrailleuse models with crews. Very nice -and good you've employed those old wheels to good use. Have fun gaming with your new models. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you KEV. I now need to find time to get them on the tabletop. Cheers Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent Peter. Very effective looking models.

    ReplyDelete