Tuesday 3 September 2019

WW2 campaign map moves

The mini WW2 campaign is coming to a conclusion. I suspect this will be the Penultimate set of map moves before there is a breakthrough. Then the question will be are there sufficient Panzer Grenadier forces available to exploit the breakthrough? As usual the Guards set out their orders (shown with red arrows) before the Panzer Grenadiers make their moves. Air support is available to support their armoured car and tank troop units in column 4.

Guards orders are recorded with air support available to support row 4
The Panzer Grenadier forces are then moved at the whims of the dice, trying to move south or attack any enemy unit on the flank.

Panzer Grenadier moves - blue arrows
There will now be two actions to be fought (blue circles) before the Guards orders take effect.



These games will be played over the latter part of this week or weekend. This is as I have set up the tabletop for some Napoleonic games to try out some rule modifications.

A Napoleonic game in progress

6 comments:

  1. As you're making us wait for what will probably be the denouement I trust you'll share with us your Napoleonic rules mods and the outcome of the play-test? I am interested in your rule ideas as some, like the AAA, are so elegantly simple, yet effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Napoleonic rules still have a way to go and may be worth a progress post, but I will be posting the WW2 rules after the campaign wraps up.

      Delete
  2. Air support might make all the difference, I suspect. Congratulations on an epic campaign!
    The Napoleonic game looks very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Air support while limited is my last chance of recovering from this situation.

      Delete
  3. Peter, I look forward to you publishing the WW2 rules as they do seem to produce an exciting game with small forces. I'm building up my own late war US/ German forces right now in 1/72nd scale and would certainly give the rules a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rules are well settled now and I will post them in the next 3 to 4 weeks. Thanks for your interest, and good luck with the your collecting of WW2 forces. From what I have seen you your blog the units look fantastic.

      Delete