Wednesday 31 August 2022

Two tomes arrive and two medieval units painted

Steady progress with the medieval units with another two leaving the painting table. They are all old secondhand Minifigs which I have repainted with colours took my fancy.

Latest units to leave the painting table.

Two tomes of arrived in the post today, a total of 4 kilograms of wargaming goodness. The compendium was discounted and I could not resist buying it when I purchased Wargaming Campaigns.

Recent arrivals to join the wargaming library

Wargaming Campaign Contents

I doubt I will read the books from cover to cover, but will select and read the individual chapters overtime. Two chapters of immediate interest from Wargaming Campaigns are:

  • With or without umpires - or opponents
  • War at sea

14 comments:

  1. The medievals look grand and the books look smashing, I've often fancied the compendium myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, only a few more bases to go, then I have finished off the current batch of unpainted figures.

      Delete
  2. Peter, with all of your original ideas and experience, you could have easily written Wargaming Campaigns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very kind Jon, but unfortunately writing does not come easily to me. As my school reports once said - tries hard but could do better :-)

      Delete
  3. I've dipped in and out of the Compendium, but only flicked through the Campaigns once or twice. Both were cheap.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice units there Peter and two good purchases too. I'm tempted by the campaign book, but have plenty already. However with a birthday and of course Xmas, it might go onto Santa's list...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not resist a book on campaigns and the other just somehow fell - clicked - into the online cart.

      Delete
  5. Hi,

    Love the Minifigs

    Do you replace the cast spears
    ?

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pete. If the spears are broken I will replace with wire. The figures are a joy to paint.

      Delete
  6. The figures look fantastic Peter! I use the same research method for painting, "what colours would look good" 😊
    The books look great and I am tempted to buy them. Like Steve J I am just waiting for an appropriate birthday or xmas list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Any research I do for painting is in most cases to get the gist of how the uniforms look and to keep them pretty generic.

      Delete
  7. Oh man, I *tried* to read the wargaming compendium… gave up. So I had no interest in the campaign book plus the fact that I haven’t played a campaign in over a decade. I think your idea of reading them piecemeal by chapters is the right one. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the only way I will get through it, one bite at a time.

      Delete