Friday 14 July 2023

Finished painting an ECW unit just in time for a weekend game

I am continuing with the painting English Civil War figures. This week I have painted every evening, even if it was just for 30 minutes on one occasion, with the aim of completing a base of infantry during the week. Well the base rolled off the painting table this Friday evening and is ready to be used in the weekend’s ECW game.

Tabletop setup with the First Battle of Newbury scenario.

An infantry base completed this week.

For my games I now use two bases together as a unit often representing a brigade.

I am continuing to test out my solo decision cards and will be using these cards to run both armies in the scenario First Battle of Newbury adapted from “With Pike and Musket - Sixteenth and Seventeenth Century Battles for the Wargamer” by C.F. Wesencraft.

The solo decision cards - updated, reprinted, and laminated.


13 comments:

  1. Looking good Peter. I look forward to your report.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. All being well I should be able to post in the next few days.

      Delete
  2. I'm trying to paint or base stuff for an hour or so each day, to try and crack on with a project, which does allow me to see some progress, even if it's patchy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always surprises me how when I do just a bit each day it helps with my motivation as well as getting steady painting progress.

      Delete
  3. The ECW games seem to be getting bigger, it will be a good test to see if the rules are size agnostic. Are there any major changes in your 'updated' decision cards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I have on the tabletop in the picture is about all the figures I have bar a few dragoons and a cavalry unit.

      Delete
    2. Yes, a few minor changes to the decision. I will post over the next week.

      Delete
  4. Nicely done. I look forward to seeing how the decision cards work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The changes now are mostly for clarification rather than the logic behind them.

      Delete
  5. Excellent stuff as always Peter...looking forward to your refight and seeing how the decision making cards go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Most like I will do a couple of posts over the next week, on the game itself and then on the decision cards.

      Delete
  6. Hmm. I definitely recall responding to this post earlier. Anyway, your productivity is putting mine to shame. I have barely lifted a brush in two weeks. Looking forward to your battle report.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My painting enthusiasm will no doubt wear off soon.

      Delete