Wednesday 19 July 2023

Painting artillery and writing up notes on ECW rule amendments

Over the weekend I finished painting a couple of English Civil War guns and yesterday I have finally managed to write up the notes on the D3 ECW rule amendments I have been using recently. They can be found at the top of the blog page or you can simply click here.

Recently off the painting table.

Huzzah they work 😀

This weekend I am planning another ECW game using the Marston Moor scenario from “With Pike and Musket” by C.F. Wesencraft. Both armies will be using the Solo Decision Cards to direct their actions which are working well for set piece battles. After the Marston Moor game I will have to try a few other scenarios which are not set piece and more encounter style games, Cropredy Bridge springs to mind.

10 comments:

  1. You continue making great progress on two fronts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am now waiting on the next batch of ECW figures to arrive in the post.

      Delete
  2. Super stuff, but I've sent a list of questions and some cheeky suggestions by email - please forgive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, I look forward to reading the email.

      Delete
  3. Looking good Peter! Will you be reporting back on Marston Moor and Cropredy Bridge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will certainly be doing a report on the Marston Moor game. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Fine work on those guns Peter and I look forward to the next AAR:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The game is setup ready for this weekend and happily the guns are included.

      Delete
  5. Nice extra artillery Peter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am slow accumulating artillery with the idea of a small siege game.

      Delete