|3mm MDF marked out for some bridges and walls|
|Once cut out, two wall pieces were stuck together to give the wall necessary thickness. After being stuck to their stands they were covered with kitchen paper towels with watered down PVA glue to fix the paper in place.|
Once dry I added a few bits of balsa wood on top to break up the straight lines. On a couple of lengths of walls I cut out some of the wall to indicate broken areas (done before they were covered with paper towel).
|The lengths of wall were first pained in a light grey, then given a heavy wash of dark grey. The texture of the paper towel helps to break up the colours.|
|A second wash of mid-brown was applied to give a little more depth of colour|
|Using an old paint brush the wells are dabbed with blobs of light grey, making sure not to get a regular pattern. Then with a watered down sand colour a few of the stones (dabs) are highlighted to add a bit of variation.|
Finally the stands are then painted green and flocked.
|The finished wall lengths on the tabletop.|
|Gates are just MDF, just a single width not the two lengths stuck together.|
|The sandy colour highlights on some of the dabs is a bit more obvious in this photo.|
|Some 30mm figures for scale|