Monday 27 January 2020

Some desert scrub terrain

During the week I played a couple of WW2 North Africa games. I have terrain to represent hills, broken rocky terrain, and wadis, but lack any terrain for desert scrub. So this weekend I cut some sand coloured felt to fit the home made gridded hex tabletop cover. Then set about adding paint and glued some cut lichen around the edges so not to interfere with the placement of units in the hex.

Desert scrub terrain features for my grid based North Africa WW2 games
A close up view of the features.
I also tried another version to place pieces around the hex edges. Out of the version I preferred full hex of scrub version.

An alternative attempt to have the scrub around the hex edges.
Desert scrub in use during a game
The finished desert scrub was soon put into action on the wargame tabletop.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. They were rushed into service.

      Delete
  2. Dare I say it? They scrub up pretty well....

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very witty, made me smile, and thank you.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you. I only needed a few, but they add to the overall look.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. And they were nice and easy to produce. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Looks very nice: breaks up the monotone desert without losing the desertish look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is a tricky one to keep that desert look and have terrain features.

      Delete
  6. Very effective and the full hex ones are certainly the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Agree, I am sticking with the full hex scrub.

      Delete