Saturday 4 January 2020

Three bridges completed for St. Nazaire project

During the week I was able to paint up the three bridges I will be using when I setup my St. Nazaire tabletop.
Finished bridges
They were all simply made with MDF board and wood. To complete them I use a combination of paint and pastels. Before finally sealing them with PVA glue. For a very brief moment I did consider cutting out the structure on the bridge sides, but then decided painting was the easier way to go.

Wood and MDF board create the simple forms for these bridges
All painted a grey base coat.
The sides are painted black then the structure painted. I missed a photo of the step where the road is painted on.
A few details are painted on before pastels are applied to give the impression of texture and breakup the block colours. 
All being well I can get the docks for my St. Nazaire project painted and the same approach of block colours and pastels will be used.

Docks to be painted this weekend

8 comments:

  1. Very effective bridges and the whole project is coming together very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Getting close to finishing the terrain.

      Delete
  2. Simple but very good looking, and sturdy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being sturdy is important as all terrain gets put into plastic storage boxes.

      Delete
  3. Those bridges are little works of art! Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you they are surprisingly quick to make.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks. I finished the docks yesterday.

      Delete