Anyway, this will provide a little diversion from the HYW armies I am currently painting.
|Arrived in the post - Wespe Sd.Kfz. 124 Weeps|
I am yet to get back to my WW2 campaign. As I am playing around with some ACW rules and introducing ideas as I read through "Rally Once Again - Battle Tactics of the American Civil War" by Paddy Griffith. However, there are a couple of modifications I am adding to the Reorganising/Regrouping section of the WW2 grid-based rules. These are:
- Units can reorganise themselves to remove disruption markers providing they have not engaged in shooting (combat) during their turn and are not adjacent to any enemy occupied squares.
- All units except for poor quality troop units that only moved are able to attempt a Regroup.
- To attempt a Regroup a player rolls 1D6 per unit on any 3+ score a unit is successfully reorganised.
- Tank and elite units can re-roll failures.
- Disrupted units may never advance in squares adjacent to enemy units. If they are already in an adjacent square they may remain there.
- Any disrupted units which are adjacent to enemy units and cannot observe any friendly units, cannot attack and must attempt to move out of the adjacent square away from enemy units.
Rather than have a successful 4+ to reorganise with plus or minus factors. I chose simplify it to a 3+ and never allow poor quality troops reorganise, while elite/tank units get to re-roll failures. The change is to encourage quality units to retire and regroup for a counter attack and not just hang in there until eliminated.