Monday 23 April 2018

Another ECW unit from the painting table

Before heading off to the airport, during that frustrating time when at a loose end waiting to go to the airport, I was able to finish basing another English Civil War (ECW) foot unit. This brings the number of units completed to 5 (3 foot and 2 mounted) of the intended total of 32 units. It keeps me at my self imposed target of completing 1 unit per week.

ECW unit of foot
My interim aim is to get 3 foot, 1 artillery, 1 dragoon, and 3 mounted painted per army as soon as I can. A combined total of 16 units. This size force will allow me to start playing a few small scale games using One-Hour Wargaming rules (or variant).  For me painting units always seems to get easier once an army is in use and I am just adding to an armies size.

6 comments:

  1. Another lovely looking unit Peter; it'll be great to see them in action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am looking forward to my interim target of 18 units completed so I can start with a few small games on the tabletop.

      Delete
  2. Peter- Very fine painting there of the Pike & Musket foot unit- great stuff! Enjoy your Journey to the land of Thee Great White Cloud. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KEV - I am enjoying painting these Hinchliffe figures, and the weather is being kind to me in Wellington. Cheers, Peter

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you. Unfortunately it is a break rather than a holiday. Doing painting of the house kind rather than models.

      Delete